Effectively Using Social Media to Market Your Trail or Organization
October 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This webinar will help “cut through the noise” of what the social media platforms actually do, who they target, and how to use them effectively.
- Dani Tinker, Senior Director of Digital Communications, Meals on Wheels America
- Julie Smith, Executive Director, TRED Rome/Floyd
- Cecilia Aleman, Social Media and Website Manager, Student Conservation Association (SCA)
This webinar will explain the social media platforms that are available including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube. It will explain the platforms’ individual reach, the audiences that they target, and clarify what platforms might be better for your organization/trail.
Our social media expert’s approach is to lean into authenticity, listening, responsiveness, and valuable/compelling content. While a responsible use of puns and humor is essential, it’s even more essential in times of crisis to be present and responsive. We will also have two additional presenters who have a robust social media presence for their respective regional and national presence that will explain what platforms they use specifically and why.
- Learn about multiple social media platforms and what each of them do
- Acquire an understanding that using all social media platforms is not necessary
- Discover new social media techniques to help grow your social media presence