- This event has passed.
Effectively Using Social Media to Market Your Trail or Organization
May 19 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This webinar will help “cut through the noise” of what the social media platforms actually do, who they target, and how to use them effectively.
- Taylor Goodrich, Communication and Media Specialist, American Trails
- Julie Smith, Executive Director, TRED Rome/Floyd
- Cecilia Aleman, Social Media and Website Manager, Student Conservation Association (SCA)
American Trails has a robust social media presence, which has certainly taken some time to grow over the years. Our communication and social media specialist will explain a variety of the social media platforms that are available including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube. We will explain the platforms’ individual reach, the audiences that they target, and clarify what platforms might be better for your organization/trail. American Trails will explain our international presence, and we have two additional presenters (a smaller trail organization with a regional presence and a larger trail organization with a national presence) who also have a robust social media presence in their own way and will explain what platforms they use specifically and why.
This webinar is great for those who are new to social media or new to certain platforms and/or want to see some great examples to help grow their social media presence in a new and different way!
- Learn about multiple social media platforms and what each of them do
- Acquire an understanding that using all social media platforms is not necessary
- Discover new social media techniques to help grow your social media presence