- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of the National Recreation Trails Program
June 30 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Learn about the benefits to designating your trail(s) as an NRT, the history of the National Recreation Trails (NRT) program, the process for trails to become NRTs, and more.
- Peter Bonsall, National Trails Program Specialist, National Park Service
- Matt Able, Assistant National Trail Program Manager, USDA Forest Service
- Andy Griffith, Founder, Plum Island Outdoors, Inc.
This webinar is an introduction to the National Recreation Trails* (NRT) Program, including the National Water Trails (a subset of the NRT program). You will learn the benefits to designating your trail(s) as an NRT, the history of the NRT program, the process for trails to become NRTs, hear from a current designated NRT manager, and more.
The deadline for applications each year is November 1.
*The National Trails System Act of 1968 authorized creation of a national system of trails comprised of National Recreation Trails, National Scenic Trails, and National Historic Trails.
- Learn how to navigate the NRT application process
- Understand the benefits to being a designated NRT
- Understand the roles of the partners involved