- This event has passed.
Increasing Community Engagement on Local Trails during National Trails Day®
May 5, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
n this webinar, we’ll explore creative ways to build community and connect with people in your area who share your love of being outside during National Trails Day® on June 4, 2022.
- Wesley Trimble, Communication and Creative Director, American Hiking Society
- Gary Marks, Enrichment Coordinator
In this webinar, we’ll explore creative ways to build community and connect with people in your area who share your love of being outside during National Trails Day® on June 4, 2022. Last year, National Trails Day® reached more than 45 million people on social media alone, and it’s a great opportunity to reach new audiences and recruit new trail volunteers. Wesley Trimble, Communications and Creative Director at American Hiking Society, will share the benefits of hosting events on National Trails Day®, and he’ll guide webinar participants through a simple framework for planning and hosting a successful event to increase engagement and inclusivity in your community on National Trails Day®.
Long-time National Trails Day® event host, Gary Marks, Enrichment Coordinator for Canton, MI, will also share helpful advice he’s gained over the years for engaging your local community in different ways through National Trails Day®.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what National Trails Day® is and why it’s a fantastic opportunity to engage people within your community.
- Become equipped with a simple framework for organizing a successful event for National Trails Day®
- Discover new ideas on how to connect with people in your community in creative and inclusive ways and learn how to cultivate partners for a collaborative event.
- Learn what resources are available for National Trails Day® event hosts
- Receive advice from a long-time event organize to learn how to plan for an impactful event experience for your community