- This event has passed.
Legacy Trails Grant Program
August 30, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This webinar will outline a new and exciting trails funding opportunity and is intended to help members of the trail community to understand if this funding program is right for their needs.
- Brenda Yankoviak, National Trail Program Manager, Washington Office – Recreation, Heritage, & Volunteer Resources, USDA Forest Service
- Cathy Corlett, Director of Strategic Communications, American Trails
- Randy Welsh, Executive Director, National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance
American Trails is pleased to partner with the U.S. Forest Service in announcing the Legacy Trails Grant Program. This program is funded up to $1.5M per year for 5 years through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and supports partner trail projects that further the Legacy Roads and Trails criteria on National Forest System trails throughout the nine Forest Service Regions. This webinar will outline this new and exciting trails funding opportunity. Funding is open to nonprofit organizations, businesses, and local agencies supporting trails on U.S. Forest Service lands. This webinar is intended to help members of the trail community to understand if this funding program is right for their needs and will allow plenty of time for attendee questions.
Please note that the application for this funding will be available in late September/early October. Please be sure you are on our mailing list to be notified as soon as more details are available.
- Understand the Forest Service Legacy Roads and Trails criteria for this new program.
- Better comprehend the types of projects that this fund will support.
- Become familiar with the planned application process and timeline.
- Understand how project proposals will be evaluated and what it takes to submit a high-quality application.