- This event has passed.
Slow and Say Hello
May 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
A Program to Reduce Trail Conflicts and Protect Resources
The “Slow & Say Hello” program engages park visitors at popular trailheads to promote trail safety and resource protection.
- Curt Kruger, Co-Founder and Current Director, Trail Partners
- Tom Boss, Off-Road & Events Director, Marin County Bicycle Coalition
“Slow & Say Hello” engages park visitors at popular trailheads to promote trail safety and resource protection. The program has successfully reduced conflict and fostered a friendlier trail community in a San Francisco area County by putting visitors in the other person’s shoes. The program, developed over several years, is a collaboration of mountain bike, equestrian, and environmental groups called Trail Partners. The mission of the Trail Partners Foundation is to encourage the creation of similar collaborations wherever trail conflicts exist, and to offer others the benefit of the Foundation’s years of experience and the tools that have been created. The “Slow & Say Hello” logo is trademarked to ensure its use in an education based program open to all trail user groups.
- We’ll explain how our program came into existence, its two years of development, and what it is today.
- We’ll provide “Key Findings” that provide insight into why conflicts exist, and how to change the behavior that leads to them.
- We’ll also present “Tails & Tires” a safety workshop for High School mountain bike race teams.