The Third Mode: Bonus Chapters
January 18, 2024 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Since publishing The Third Mode a decade ago (the book was launched on one of the first American Trails webinars The Third Mode: Connecting Greenways, Trails and Active Mobility), Jeff has added to his long list of stories to share with our community.
For this webinar, he’ll talk about three of them:
- Co-founding of Citi Bike,
- Building the Empire State Trail, and
- Developing re:Charge-e for e-bikes/scooters
All of these topics will tie to the central concept of “the third mode” (we can’t solve problems by only looking at two polar opposites). It’s been a great ride for several decades. Join us for this new American Trails webinar and see what’s next on the horizon.
- Leadership: learn about being in challenging situations that require big risks that can create big rewards.
- Overcoming Challenges: find out what happens when your project literally gets hit by a hurricane and learn how to keep focus in even the word situations.
- Vision: understand how much potential the trails community has to offer and levels beyond where we’ve been, and take the opportunity to grow our movement to the next level.