- This event has passed.
Trail Planning Technology A Digital Toolbox
August 8, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Learn how to use a variety of mobile and desktop based technologies to assess, plan, and design trails across the country.
- Jon Altschuld, Founder and Principal, Chinook Landscape Architecture, LLC
- Tony Boone, COO, Timberline TrailCraft
The presenters will show how they use a variety of mobile and desktop based technologies to assess, plan, and design trails across the country. Technologies covered will include GIS, graphics, GPS data collection, drone data collection, and online sharing platforms and real-world project examples will be shown.
- Three categories of trail technologies (Data Collection, Design and Mapping, Presentation and Sharing)
- Publicly available data sources for property and terrain information
- Strategies for determining which technologies to use on a project