The Chautauqua County Agricultural and Farmland Protection Board’s mission is to enhance economic viability of the agricultural industry and preserve and protect the viable farmland in Chautauqua County.
The socio-economic vitality of agriculture in this county is essential to the economic stability and growth of many local communities and the county as a whole. Additionally the board:
- Encourage farming in Chautauqua County through local initiatives which create favorable conditions and allow farmers to operate economically viable enterprises;
- Advise the Chautauqua County Legislature on establishing, modifying, continuing, or terminating agricultural districts;
- Review Notice of Intent filings pursuant to Agriculture and Markets Law 25AA Sections 305.4 and 305-a;
- Support, implement, and update the goals of the Chautauqua County Agricultural and Farmland Protection Plan; and
- Advise and recommend concerning Purchase of Agricultural Conservation Easement (Purchase of Development Rights) applications to funding agencies.