The Chautauqua County Agricultural Development & Enhancement Strategy (CCADES) is an update to the County’s Farmland Protection Plan. The objective of the update is to provide an accurate reflection of the current agricultural conditions in Chautauqua County and devise strategies to increase the economic viability of the agricultural industry, encourage farmland protection, and to increase public interest and awareness of local agriculture.
Farming and agribusinesses represent a significant component of the County and regional economy. The purpose of CCADES is to protect the County’s agricultural resources by identifying strategies to encourage and increase the economic viability of the agricultural industries and all of its components in Chautauqua County. The planning process will focus on countywide agricultural issues and resources, in relation to regional, national, and international markets.
Scope of Work:
- Task 1) Assess Chautauqua County’s current agricultural economy
- Task 2) Identify farmland proposed to be protected and analyze lands identified for potential protection
- Task 3) Analyze lands to be protected with respect to their value to the agricultural economy, open space, level of conversion pressure, and consequences of conversion
- Task 4) Identify and select goals and strategies to invigorate Chautauqua County’s agricultural economy
- Task 5) Identify other county and municipal planning and land use programs’ consistent with the Agricultural and Protection Plan
- Task 6) Involve the farm community and interested citizens in development of the plan