Planning board and zoning board of appeals members are required by state statute to obtain four hours of training a year. It is important local officials stay informed on planning and zoning issues, as their decisions directly impact their municipalities for decades to come.
If you have questions about a particular planning or zoning topic, or are seeking out generalized training for local officials, please contact us.
Online Training Resources
- 9/30 Trail Towns: Gateways to Growth
- 10/7 Historical Preservation for Communities
- 10/14 Overcoming Your Top Municipal Land Use Difficulties
- 10/18, 10/20, 10/22, 10/25 & 10/27 Grant Writing Essentials
- 10/28 Overview of ORES Siting Process & NYSERDA’s Resources Available for Local Governments
- 11/4 Living with Short-Term Rentals in Your Residential Neighborhoods
- 12/2 Enhancing Transparency & Effectiveness in Planning Proceedings
- 12/9 Solar Energy Regulations
- 12/23 Getting the Most Out of Your Hazard Mitigation Plan
- 10/1 Understanding Spatial Identify
- 12/17 Retrofitting Bedroom Communities for an Equitable and Sustainable Future