Wind energy or wind power describes the process by which the wind is used to generate mechanical power or electricity. This section provides information and other resources related to wind energy technology.
Wind farms are placed in areas with reliable wind speeds and consist of a collection of wind turbines placed in the same location for the purpose of generating electricity. Learn more about large wind farms.
The New York State Energy Research and Development Department has created a guidebook for wind energy which contains information to support local governments managing wind development in their communities. Access the guidebook.
WINDExchange provides resourceful information for landowners, community decision makers, and the general public who would like to learn more about potential community impacts of Wind Energy. Learn more about the community impacts.
The information found on this webpage is provided “as is”. Chautauqua County makes no warranties or guarantees, express or implied, concerning the information contained herein. If external links are not working, please contact the Department of Planning & Development at email@example.com.
- NYS Climate Act
- NYS Clean Energy Dashboard
- NYSERDA Wind Energy Guidebook
- NYSERDA Solar Energy Guidebook
- NYSERDA Battery Energy Storage System Guidebook
- Chautauqua County Decommissioning Template
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
- EV Charging Station Locations
- Local Utilities
- Home Renewable Energy Resources